This follows the final AS Media exam on Thursday 19 May and applies between 19-27 May. Instead, we want you to start reading and researching the key exam topic for Year 13: new and digital media. Consider the following questions:
- How has new technology changed different aspects of the media? (E.g. news, television, film etc.)
- Have any major media industries or institutions suffered or gone out of business as a result of digital media?
- Has new technology or digital media influenced other aspects of society - politics, education, community relations, protest movements, globalisation?
- Has social media changed the way people behave and interact with the world?
- Has technology allowed people to explore or promote their own individual identity - particularly minority groups?
We will be exploring some of these issues after half-term as we begin Year 13 - which includes starting Year 13 coursework.
As a prospective Year 13 student, it is absolutely essential you are reading and engaging with the wider media using resources such as Media Guardian or the links on our blog Twitter account.
Attendance at ALL lessons after half-term is compulsory and required in order to study Media in Year 13 from September. These lessons will continue until the final day for Year 12 on Friday 8 July.
An electronic copy of the letter we have distributed for parents/guardians regarding these lessons can be found here.